Re: Game plan for slink, a suggestion

Lars Wirzenius <liw@iki.fi> wrote:
> [ Please don't Cc: public replies to me. ]
>
> I'd like to propose the following `game plan' for slink:
>
> 	* Release by December 15, 1998 (freeze by November 1 or 15),
> 	  so people can give it as a Christmas present.

With that goal, the freeze should start earlier.  If anything goes
wrong, we'll miss the deadline.

> 	* Make it a small, incremental release. Make the primary
> 	  thing to strive for the ability to keep a deadline.

Then again, if we were running the whole thing in a sort of semi-freeze
(slink-hot and slink-cool, where stuff is added to slink-hot (or just
plain old "slink" since the directory already exists and is populated)
for a month without acquiring any important bugs), maybe we could
cycle through freeze pretty quickly.

--
Raul