Game plan for slink, a suggestion

[ Please don't Cc: public replies to me. ]

I'd like to propose the following `game plan' for slink:

	* Release by December 15, 1998 (freeze by November 1 or 15),
	  so people can give it as a Christmas present.

	* Make it a small, incremental release. Make the primary
	  thing to strive for the ability to keep a deadline.

	* Make as much as possible automatically compilable by
	  dbuild, debbuild, or a similar script, assuming a rich
	  build environment (given that we haven't got source
	  dependencies yet). This would benefit porting efforts.

	  (We're very close to there. I can set up a system to run dbuild
	  automatically on a slink mirror every night, for i386.)

	* Update programs to newest upstream versions, when possible.