Re: Replacing fdisk by cfdisk?

On Fri, 8 Jan 1999, Vincent Renardias wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Since fdisk has been declared 'obsolete and unmaintained' by its upstream
> maintainer (Andries Brouwer), I'm considering removing it, and putting a
> link pointing to cfdisk instead.
> Does anybody see a technical objection to this? (like some non-i386 arch
> where fdisk works but not cfdisk)

I've seen some i386 problems where cfdisk didnt work before I cleaned the
partition with cfdisk. And anyway I don't see any option in cfdisk where I
can explicitly specify cylinders or even sectors for partitions, which can
be useful when recovering a crashed mbr (twice in the last couple of
months).

--
Madarasz Gergely           gorgo@caesar.elte.hu         gorgo@linux.rulez.org
                    HuLUG: http://mlf.linux.rulez.org/