Re: PROPOSAL: dpkg-logger and related

Martin Bialasinski wrote:
> JH> Finally, I have qualms about this whole design in general. You
> JH> don't seem to have considered how this is supposed to mesh with
> JH> the configuration management system we will (hopefully) be
> JH> implmenting in the future.
>
> I don't see a problem. A general problem at least with the topics
> discussed on debian-admintool. Although the proposal looks a bit
> detached, it should fit into the sheme.

Well the configuration management proposals allow much nicer ways to handle
the business of logging. For example, they can record that they have
presented a message once, and never present that message again in future
upgrades. They can use a common user interface for presenting messages and
asking questions. The proposals even have priority levels so you can say to
ignore informational messages.

--
see shy jo