Re: Replacing fdisk by cfdisk?

Enrique Zanardi <ezanardi@ull.es> writes:

> On Fri, Jan 08, 1999 at 01:23:27AM +0100, Vincent Renardias wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > Since fdisk has been declared 'obsolete and unmaintained' by its upstream
> > maintainer (Andries Brouwer), I'm considering removing it, and putting a
> > link pointing to cfdisk instead.
>
> fdisk evolved to sfdisk. It's a pitty sfdisk doesn't have (yet) a decent
> frontend.

Judging from the "HISTORY" file in util-linux 2.9g, fdisk is still
being worked on.  There are quite a few entries related to fdisk
refering to versions newer than 2.8.1 (which is in slink). I also
notice that fdisk can do aix, bsd, sgi and sun disklabels in addition
to Microsoft disk labels.  Does cfdisk do all of these?

Steve
dunham@cse.msu.edu