Re: Wish: sources cited in /usr/doc documentation

On 09 Jan 1999 01:08:27 -0500, Mark W. Eichin wrote:

>> maintainer to cite *WHERE* they obtained the file from.  I've hit several

>/usr/doc/package/copyright is actually the correct (and common) place
>for this.  (I've actually found it very useful - someone asks "where
>does foo come from" and because I have lots of things installed, I
>just look it up...)

- From listar:

- --- SNIP ---

This package was debianized by John Goerzen jgoerzen@complete.org on
Sun,  3 Jan 1999 23:10:12 -0600.

The original upstream copyright states:

- -- cut --

All files within this package are
   Copyright (c) 1998 by Jeremy Blackman and Joseph Traub
unless otherwise noted in the file itself.

Joseph Traub can be reached at jtraub@dragoncat.net
Jeremy Blackman can be reached at loki@maison-otaku.net

- -- cut --

The files are licensed under the Artistic license.  Debian users can find
this in /usr/doc/copyright/Artistic.

- --- SNIP ---

>> OK, I haven't read the policy yet so I dunno if this is in there yet.

>6.5, "Copyright information", second paragraph.

    You're right.  It is there in the policy.  Sheesh, wouldn't you know it
that I key on it on one of the packages that doesn't have it?  In this case
listar comes from ftp.listar.org.  :/

>			_Mark_ <eichin@thok.org>
>			The Herd of Kittens
>			Debian Package Maintainer

    Forgive me, I am dead tired but I have to.

    Don't you mean a Hurd of Kittens.  Ahah... ahah....  Guess you have to be
here.  ;)

- --