Re: Packages.gz for a local partial debian tree

On Wed, Apr 21, 1999 at 02:39:48PM +0200, Santiago Vila wrote:

> > Also, what about a "local_mirror" option in the apt config file, that would
> > allow to create automagically a partial debian tree with only the downloaded
> > files?
>
> Wait until the bug system is up, and then file a wishlist bug against apt.
> Then apt maintainers will decide whether this is worth the effort or not.
>
> [ Considering how easy is to create a Packages.gz file, my personal
>   opinion is that it does not worth the effort ].

I think it's not job for apt. Most users simply won't use nor want such a
feature.
In my opinion, it can be achieved through a (permanently-caching) proxy
and some shell and dpkg-* magic.

By the way, I'm working on such a proxy. I'll make a Debian package when
it'll become just a bit useable; I'll upload it if and when it'll have
become somewhat stable AND I become a maintainer.

Ciao, William