Re: Intent to maintainer change: canna

ISHIKAWA Mutsumi <ishikawa@linux.or.jp> writes:

>  Brian Almeida <brian@cicat.com> wrote
>>> Usually, you don't need to announce a maintainer change to the
>>> lists if it's already been agreed to by both the old and new
>>> maintainers, just mark something like '* New maintainer' in the
>>> changelog.

>  I had read "Developpers' Reference". But I can't find description of
> this case, so I send "Maintainer Change announce mail" ,just in case.
>
>  OK, I understand this process for these case. Thank you.

I'm not sure I agree with Brian.  The old maintain put out a "looking
for new maintainer" request on this list. Therefore, it is appropriate
that the agreed upon new maintainer would announce that here to.  This
is to prevent others from possibly investigating the source with an
eye towards taking over maintenance.

Of course, you can change maintainership without involving this
list. For instance, it's pretty common, I think, for old maintainers
looking to drop packages to solicit actuve bug reporters , asking them
if they wanna take over the pkg.

Anyhow, I'll take a look at adding a section about this to the
developers-reference.