Re: ITP: xslj, a XSL processor (XSL is one of the stylesheet format of XML)

On Sun, Jun 13, 1999 at 07:24:53PM +0200, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
> XT has nothing to do with XSL, as far as I understand. FOP outputs only
> Adobe's PDF. And it is apparently non-free: there is not even source code,
> only a Jar file.

XT was written by one of the primary authors of the XSL working drafts.

>From http://www.jclark.com/xml/xt.html:

    XT is an implementation in Java of XSL Transformations. This version
    of XT implements the WD-xslt-19990421 version of XSLT. Stylesheets
    written for earlier versions of the XSL WD must be converted before
    they can be used with this version of XT.

All XSL processors to date only implement XSLT (typically used to
generate HTML). FOP is the only attempt at implementing the Flow Objects
part of XSL that I know of.

It's true that FOP only does PDF (and by extension PS). But I feel it's
actually a better idea to just use DSSSL if you really need the RTF that
jade can produce. I'm writing in XML-DocBook and formatting using jade
and jadetex.

You're right about FOP being non-free.

--
The idea is that the first face shown to people is one they can readily
accept - a more traditional logo. The lunacy element is only revealed