Re: Postfix as default MTA?

On Sun, Jul 04, 1999 at 09:12:20PM -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:
> On Sun, 4 Jul 1999 17:41:22 +0200, Marco d'Itri wrote:
>
> >Read the docs. It is /designed/ to be secure and fast.
> >Exim is not.
>
>     This proves, what?  I could write an MTA and say in the docs it is
> designed to be secure and fast, that doesn't mean the final product will turn
> out either secure or fast.

Instead of arguing for or against postfix you should just try it.

The whole discussions seems to be between those who tried postfix
and would love to see it as THE default MTA and those who never
ever tried postfix and arguing for status QUO ...

In the evolution of MTAs postfix and qmail are the next generation
and we should switch over (Or are you still using MVS or CPM ? )

I am arguing pro postfix because i tried a lot MTAs and did NOT switch
from sendmail (which is partially horrible) because all the MTAs had
some very anoying side effects, no support for uucp and were
configured worse than sendmail.

Postfix combines the speed of qmail (Which is much faster than
exim, smail sendmail and many other monolithic MTAs) the security
of half a meter air and the easy configurability of my phone.

I am using Postfix currently for Dialup IP systems, full SMTP connected
systems, UUCP only sites and my customer web farms.

Enough discussion - try it ...

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff		flo@rfc822.org		      	+49-5241-470566
Good, Fast, Cheap: Pick any two (you can't have all three).  (RFC 1925)