Re: Staging Areas

On Mon, Jul 05, 1999 at 10:37:33AM +0100, Jules Bean wrote:

> Absolutely.
>
> That's what I had in mind when I created the gnome staging area.
>
> Unfortunately, I screwed that up (real life taking over) - but
> fortunately, a great team stepped in to sort it out.
>
> When I manage to wrestle some time back from real life, and after I
> upload new versions of my own packages, I will look into packaging some
> staging-area creating tools.

Great! GO Jules GO :) I like the gtk-gnome staging area very much. That
jinstall tool is really cool. I would very much like to see something like
that packaged - I have the idea of having a local pool of fixed packages if I
really get my boss to install Debian.

I would have to fix it for non-interactive installations...

cu
    Torsten