Staging Areas (was Re: Perl disaster in the making)

Steve Greenland wrote:

> > It's not an unsolved problem. It's a temporary unavoidable problem.
>
> A staging area would have been nice. Perhaps we should require one for
> future changes that require widespread package upgrades/rebuilds.

Absolutely.

That's what I had in mind when I created the gnome staging area.

Unfortunately, I screwed that up (real life taking over) - but
fortunately, a great team stepped in to sort it out.

When I manage to wrestle some time back from real life, and after I
upload new versions of my own packages, I will look into packaging some
staging-area creating tools.

Jules