Re: [gnu.misc.discuss,gnu.emacs.gnus] Free software: Packagers vs Developers

"A. P. Harris" <apharris@queso.onshore.com> writes:

> So you can perhaps see why some people on debian-devel get upset when
> you single them out and don't accord them the privledges of any
> interested hacker who is looking to improve the software.

Au contraire, I have suggested that they join the ordinary development
effort at the top.

> Moreover, your blanket statement that Debian developers never coordinate,
> never send stuff upstream, etc. is unfair.

Nor have I made any such all-encompassing statements.

I have pointed out that there is some inherent problems in the process
of making distributions, and came up with suggestions for how to
lessen these problems.