Re: Re[gnu.misc.discuss,gnu.emacs.gnus] Free software: Packagers vs Developers

Per Abrahamsen <abraham@dina.kvl.dk> writes:

> Fabien Ninoles <fabien@TZoNE.TZoNE.ORG> writes:

> > Yes, the information is insufficient, but you know how
> > to get better informations :
>
> Debian just made my work as a developer needlessly harder.

This is nonsense.  Assuming you are forwarded the original users
report, that is functionally identical to receiving it yourself in the
first place.

Go a step further -- "train" the Debian maintainer to get bug reports
to you in the right format, with the right info.  Then the Debian
maintainer can do the legwork (dialog with the user) before sending
reports to you, and you get bug reports right the first time.  Voila,
labor saving.

Bitterness, recriminations, and draconian suggestions, OTOH, would
probably make this sort of collaboration impossible.