Re: DHCP - was Re: debian first in slashdot poll

Ben Gertzfield <che@debian.org> writes:
> Which DHCP client should we use -- dhcpcd, dhcpcd-beta, or Red Hat's
> tool (the name of which I'm forgetting at the moment)?

Do you perhaps mean dhcpcd-sv, not -beta?  -sv should, I think, go
away, since it's actually been incorporated into the dhcpcd package.

Or maybe you mean dhcp-client?  I've never been able to get that to
work.

I, too, forget the name of redhat's tool, but when I looked at it, it
struck me that there were a couple of features it didn't have---I
think automatically setting the hostname was one.  That might be
important, but it might not.

Mike.