Re: this all this xxx-jp nonsense (was: Re: ITP: grep-ja)

Hello,

Thank you for your kind comment.

I stop the ITP of grep-ja for the present.

From: Wichert Akkerman <wakkerma@cs.leidenuniv.nl>
Subject: Re: this all this xxx-jp nonsense (was: Re: ITP: grep-ja)
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 15:50:58 +0200

wakkerma> Previously Ryuichi Arafune wrote:
wakkerma> > What should I do in this circumstance?
wakkerma>
wakkerma> 1) Try to update the patch
wakkerma> 2) Ask the Debian maintainer and upstream maintainer to see what they think
wakkerma>    should be done
wakkerma>
wakkerma> The upstream maintainer of grep happens to be very helpful and responsive,
wakkerma> and I would be surprised if he didn't try to merge it.

uum.  the multi-byte patch is located in
ftp://ftp.hipecs.hokudai.ac.jp /pub/GNU/jp/grep-2.0-mb1.04.diff.gz
please check if you have a time.

and I know you are sed maintainer. Please check
ftp://ftp.hipecs.hokudai.ac.jp/pub/GNU/jp/sed-3.02-mb1.08.diff.gz
and tell me the result.
(I worry that you cannot read the document, since the document of the
patch is written in Japanese.)

 -----
Research Institute of Electrical Communication
Tohoku University
Dr. Ryuichi Arafune
arafune@ushioda.riec.tohoku.ac.jp