Re: Feaping Creature-ism in core Debian Packages

On Mon, Aug 30, 1999 at 03:27:33PM -0400, Dale Scheetz wrote:
> So, how do I build only xlib6g from the xfree86 source, without having to
> build the whole package?

RTFM.

If nothing else, examining the existing build system for how it builds only
the X libraries for libc5 compatibility may be instructive.  You should be
able to learn everything you need from about a dozen lines in the rules
file.  You also need to tell the top-level Imakefile to ignore some
directories.

Hint: you only need a small subset of the source tree to build the libs.
The build process will only make in directories it can find.

--
G. Branden Robinson              |    I have a truly elegant proof of the
Debian GNU/Linux                 |    above, but it is too long to fit into