Re: Feaping Creature-ism in core Debian Packages

On Mon, 30 Aug 1999, Branden Robinson wrote:

> If nothing else, examining the existing build system for how it builds only
> the X libraries for libc5 compatibility may be instructive.  You should be
> able to learn everything you need from about a dozen lines in the rules

For a longe time now APT has had a special 'apt' target in it's
debian/rules files, it builds only the main APT .deb and none of the other
add-on debs. It might be really nice to have that same thing for the main
x libs. To port alot of stuff you really need xlib, but the X servers
can really wait.. (In particular I just futzed with this on ARM!)

Jason