Re: this all this xxx-jp nonsense (was: Re: ITP: grep-ja)

Kenshi Muto <kmuto@debian.org> writes:

> xpostit-ja copyright:

[cutted]

> It seems DFSG freeware.

Yes.

> At now, 'xpostit-ja' maintainer is Mr.Arafune, who is Debian official
> maintainer. Maybe he will upload this.
>
> OK? > Arafune san :-)

No.

If xpostit still is usable as non-japanese user it shouldnt be
xpostit-ja but just xpostit. Indication of wich patches applied to the
package doesn't belong to the package name.

If the japanese maintainers thinks that the best way to provide debian
for Japanese users is a lot of special japanized packages, then theirs
goal is better served with Debian-JP [That is my humble opinion].

If the goal is to make Debian usable without any specialities then
please do and say if I can help.

--
I congratulate you. Happy goldfish bowl to you, to me, to everyone,
and may each of you fry in hell forever.