Re: DENTS

On Sep 07, Joe Drew wrote:
> Are you sure? I just ran 'configure' for DENTS, and glib isn't in the
> makefile anywhere - in fact, the string -l doesn't even appear in it.
> However, I do see information about Orbit, which concerns me more than
> glib does. Glib, after all, is only a library of commonly-used
> functions; orbit is a CORBA server. Why do they need that?

I believe that they use CORBA for the administration interface (so you
don't have to bring down the server when administering it [unlike
BIND]).

Chris
|        Chris Lawrence       |  You have a computer.  Do you have Linux?   |
|   <quango@watervalley.net>  |    http://www.linux-m68k.org/index.html     |
|   Grad Student, Pol. Sci.   |     Join the party that opposed the CDA     |
|  University of Mississippi  |             http://www.lp.org/              |