Re: DENTS

On Tue, Sep 07, 1999 at 01:01:50AM -0400, Joe Drew was heard to say:
> On Mon, Sep 06, 1999 at 02:25:06PM -0700, Seth R Arnold wrote:
> > DENTS seems to depend on bits from gnome -- glib in particular. Is this so
> > wise?
>
> Are you sure? I just ran 'configure' for DENTS, and glib isn't in the
> makefile anywhere - in fact, the string -l doesn't even appear in it.
> However, I do see information about Orbit, which concerns me more than
> glib does. Glib, after all, is only a library of commonly-used
> functions; orbit is a CORBA server. Why do they need that?

  I was looking around their website a little, and it looks like they use CORBA
as the mechanism for controlling and reconfiguring the server.  I don't know
if this bothers you or not :)  I wouldn't say that this makes it depend on
Gnome, though, and glib certainly isn't a Gnome dependency.

  Daniel

--
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not
become a monster.  And when you look into an abyss, the abyss also looks