Re: Debian based GNU/Solaris: pilot program

Michael Poole <mdpoole@troilus.org> writes:

> Thomas Bushnell BSG writes:
>
>> Michael Poole <mdpoole@troilus.org> writes:
>>
>>> It is not clear to me that
>>> standard library header files qualify as "associated interface
>>> definition files".
>>
>> Wrong.  Library header files that you link against are exactly what it
>> covers.
>
> Then we will have to disagree on this point.  When the restriction
> supposedly kicks in only by virtue of two pieces of software existing
> on the same disk[1], and would not apply to separate distribution, I
> have to think the "mere aggregation" clause dominates.  The other
> interpretation violates DFSG#9.

No, that's not right.  You are thinking of this as a derived work
case, and it's not.  There is no claim here about derived works.

I can say "you may distribute my binary if you pay me $100".  I can
say "you may distribute my binary but only if you pay John $100".  I
can say "you may distribute my binary, but only if you never eat
artichokes again."  I can say, "you may distribute my binary only if
you distribute yours too."

Thomas