Re: Hurd on VMware ?

Markus Brinkmann wrote:
> I think that there will always be people who will pull the convenience
> argument. "Just this little piece of non-free software until there is
> a free replacement". There is always a further little piece of
> convenient non-free software out there that might be desireable to
> some.
>
> However, I really don't care very much if you use some non-free
> software or not. I just wanted to point it out to those who might
> wonder why VMWare is not widely advocated if it is such a cool thing.

OK, now we are on one line again: AlL I wanted to say is that we do not
have to worry about people using VMware for working on the hurd. In
difference to other pieces of non-free software, we don't get dependent on
this. Therefore it is really up to everyones philosophy whether they want to
use non-free software.

Of course, non-freeness is a drawback of VMware, but I have no problems
telling people, that it *is* a good piece of code! But of course, that is my
personal opinion, not GNU-opinion... :-)

Ciao,
Nobbi

Norbert "Nobbi" Nemec
Hindenburgstr. 44 ... 91054 Erlangen