Re: Another dumb question

> What I want to do is to build the Hurd, and see if I can be of some use
> to you.  I downloaded   gnumach.tar from the site above that is also
> carrying vim.  This made a new gnumach that was much smaller than the
> existing one.

You probably need to give --enable options for the drivers you need.

> I have also down loaded the Hurd using CVS as described in an earlier
> posting.  The version that I got lacked a configure script in the
> directory so I got one from hurd_19991022;  probably my next big
> mistake.

configure is not in the cvs repository but configure.in is.
Just run autoconf in your source checkout directory.

> After several hours building it failed in the  serversboot
> directory.  The line in the Makefile was:

It is never very useful to show us a makefile line.  The only way we can
help you is if you show us the actual error output you saw.