RE: Another dumb question

Hi Chris,

> I have also down loaded the Hurd using CVS as described in an earlier
> posting.  The version that I got lacked a configure script in the
> directory so I got one from hurd_19991022;  probably my next big
> mistake.
Heh.  Most likely.  You should get the debian packages for autoconf and
automake (from the same place as the other packages -- visit:
ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/unstable/main/binary-hurd-i386/devel
for these).  Then you can do an `autoconf`, which will create the
configure script for you based on the configure.in.

You shouldn't use the configure from another date because build options
or other requirements may have changed in the interim.  If you always
autoconf you will be sure your build configuration will be valid.

-Brent