Re: It works :-)

Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 07, 1999 at 09:59:55PM +0100, Wolfgang Jährling wrote:
> ae gets confused when editing after a displayed overlong line. It's an ae
> bug.
[...]
> > Everytime I tried to save a file I got the message "failed to
> > write file [filename]".
>
> that's bogus, the file is saved anyway. Another ae bug.

If ae is buggy, wouldn't it be better to include a small vi
instead? (in the 19990505-snapshot there was a vi I think)

> > But my biggest problem is that I have to type everything with
> > us-keyboard-layout. How can I use an alternate keymap?
>
> Get a us keyboard :) seriously, there is a hack which does it. Get

I think I will use the hack until my us-keyboard arrives. :)

> > PS: Is there anything like a GNU/Hurd-Webring?
>
> I don't think so. Do you want to start one? Design a nice banner and
> volunteer to coordinate.

If I had the time I would like to do this. Maybe in the
christmas-holidays...

--
All I want is a warm bed and a kind word and unlimited power.