Re: Problem making serverboot Re: new hurd package

Roman Belenov wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Sorry, some words hadn't reach my fingers :-)
>
> RB> and make couldn't find boot_script.c;  I've placed  directive  'include
> RB> ../Makeconf';  after that there are were problems in link because make
>                 ^ just before vpath directive
>
> Best regards,
>  Roman                            mailto:roman@nstl.nnov.ru
>
> --

Hello Roman,

Hope you do not mind me replying.  You are making the same mistake that most of
us have made.  You are probably using ./configure followed by make.   This does
not work.

Use:
dpkg-build-package  -uc  -B
If you do not have it, get dpkg-dev.  You may need to get other packages if the
build blows up.  If you want to repeat the build, keeping stuff that is already
made do
dpkg-buildpackage  -nc  -uc  -B

See you soon
Chris