Re: Ticketing systems

On Wed, Dec 10, 2003 at 08:09:45PM +0100, Thomas Kirk wrote:
>On Wed, Dec 10, 2003 at 06:40:41PM +0100, Emmanuel Lacour wrote:
>
>> replacing it with RT (bestpractical.com). A really great, widely used,
>> stable and extensible system. It just need some work to feet our needs
>> but is designed to do that easily. The only real problem with RT is it's
>> needing for a recent perl install (5.8 for rt 3.x), so I build a
>> dedicated perl for it to make it running on a woody box. Least, it seems
>> to need a correct amount of memory (mod_perl or fastcgi eat RAM for
>
>We are currently using RT 2.0.14 but i would like to switch to 3.0 but
>have run into the same problems as you about perl etc. Do you have a
>short howto set up RT 3.0 on woody?

yeah, I never worked out RT on woody. (did cause some problems on a test box,
broke apt-get when I overwrote the perl debs with a source build).

scp goodhost:/usr/bin/perl* /usr/bin/

fixed it. Would really like to see a howto, too, even though everything seems
in the RT docs...

// George

--
GEORGE GEORGALIS, System Admin/Architect    cell: 646-331-2027    <IXOYE><
Security Services, Web, Mail,            mailto:george@galis.org