Re: Cleanup in .orig.tar.gz or debian/rules?

Hi Onkar,

Onkar Shinde wrote:
What is wrong with cleaning up prebuilt jar files in clean target in
debian/rules? If you use this approach you don't have to repack the
upstream tarball every time there is a new version.
Is there any policy against this approach? If yes, can you please
point me to it?
I'm not sure there is any *explicit* policy against this, but the definition of the clean target is that it brings the build environment in the same state as it was before the build. Well, before the build, the jars were there... So, basically, you land in a confusing (because not done in any other package) and undefined state, not to think about problems you might get with diffs on binary files.
I think it would be a no-go for any mentoring DD (something I am not).

Hope this helps,
Eric

Onkar