Sony Viao F340 was(Re: Tochiba Satellite 2590CDT and Linux)

Me again,

I dropped the Toshiba and went with a Sony Vaio F340.

PII-366
96M ram
6.4G hdd
13" 1024x768 w/ Neomagic 256AV
Neomagic2200 sound chip(supported by patch to 2.2.x kernels)
internal winmodem(I don't really need it anyway)

I also purchased a Xircom RealPort Ethernet RBE-100BTX pcmcia network
card that according to the pcmcia-cs doc's is supported.

My plan is to install base via floppy and then network to my existing
desktop Debian machine and install the rest via network(modem on
desktop).  This will mostly be a traveling machine so I don't expect to
install tons of apps on it.

This is also my first laptop install and I have never delt with the
pcmcia support so I am sure to learn alot this weekend.  So what ever
links and other sources that are not the obvious ones would be much
appreciated.

Brian

*- On 14 Oct, Brian Servis wrote about "Tochiba Satellite 2590CDT and Linux"