Re: Sony Viao F340 was(Re: Tochiba Satellite 2590CDT and Linux)

On Thu, Oct 14, 1999 at 16:33, Brian Servis wrote:

> This is also my first laptop install and I have never delt with the
> pcmcia support so I am sure to learn alot this weekend.  So what ever
> links and other sources that are not the obvious ones would be much
> appreciated.

The one gotcha is when you're installing the base system, configure
PCMCIA support _BEFORE_ device driver modules. It's given as an
alternate on the menu where 'Configure Device Driver Modules' is the
default selection. I don't know if it's the case in slink, but in hamm
you had to SCROLL DOWN even to see the PCMCIA alternative, and it _must_
go first or you'll have lotsa manual fixup to do after the fact.

Luck,
Pann
--
geek by nature, Linux by choice                     L I N U X       .~.
                                                    The Choice      /V\