Re: default route not set with 3com dual modem/enet card

Quoting Greg Woods on Sun, Oct 31, 1999 at 10:52:42AM -0700:

<snip>

> It's quite possible that at home, you don't have a default route. Unless
> you have another machine at home that has some type of connection to the
> outside, and you actively use this from your laptop, then you wouldn't
> have a default route. If you have a default route already, then the PPP
> connection will not override it (this is documented, as has already been
> noted in this thread).
>
> --Greg

That was it!!  Many thanks.  It really did not occur to me I did not have a
defaultroute at home; just that I had a eth0 up on this particular machine.

--
Michael Perry
mperry@tsoft.com