Re: APSL 1.1

Chip Salzenberg <chip@perlsupport.com> wrote:
> I've never even suggested that the GPL isn't viable. But even viable
> or excellent licenses may have flaws that other licences address. And
> the nature and likelihood of legal threats varies over time.

Sure, but if there's some reason that apple's draft approach to this
threat [we control whether you can use it] is better than the approach
I suggested [we disclaim responsibility], I've not seen it documented.

If Apple were getting money for the distribution of this software,
their approach would make sense.  But in the context of free software
this makes about as much sense as carving up water with a cookie cutter.

--
Raul