Re: ilu-base: ILU's license has changed. It's free now.

Bill Janssen <janssen@parc.xerox.com> writes:
> Excerpts from direct: 21-Apr-99 Re: ilu-base: ILU's license.. Henning
> Makholm@makholm. (1421)

> > It puts every redistributor of the program, even if he's located
> > outside of USA under the de facto jurisdiction of US laws.

> Not if they're not applicable.

Well, the law could declare itself to be *applicable* world-wide,
though it would not be *enforcable* on me as long as I'm not
under the jurisdiction of a court that acknowledges US law.

Accepting such a licens would however constitute a voluntary agreement
on my behalf that whatever law happens to be current in the US is
accepted as an integral part of the implied contract I have with the
copyright holder. Assuming that such a clause is valid under Danish
law (and I don't see why it should be) a Danish court would be
required to rule based on that US law in a civil suit by Xerox
Denmark, though it would not in a criminal case against me.

--
Henning Makholm