Re: Corel's apt frontend

> The argument given here by RMS' law instructor at Columbia is that run-time
> linking is a device to circumvent the copyright of the library, which
> otherwise would be static-linked and explicitly copied. Given the universality
> of run-time linking, I think there's a good counter-argument that it's a device

I think I'm typing too fast. I'll re-state:

RMS' law instructor argues that run-time linking is a device to circumvent
the copyright of the library, which would otherwise be static-linked and
explicitly copied. Thus, the court should treat it as they do static linking.
But there is a counter-argument that run-time linking exists for more
pragmatic purposes and thus it should not be considered a subterfuge for
copyright avoidance.

	Thanks

	Bruce