Re: Corel's apt frontend

> A legal argument can be made that the relevant portions of header content
> are not protectable by copyright since they are essentially a 'compilation
> of facts'

They document the API of the library, so you get into the API copyright issue,
too.

The argument given here by RMS' law instructor at Columbia is that run-time
linking is a device to circumvent the copyright of the library, which
otherwise would be static-linked and explicitly copied. Given the universality
of run-time linking, I think there's a good counter-argument that it's a device
for copyright evasion rather than more pragmatic goals.

	Thanks

	Bruce