Re: Corel's apt frontend

On Thu, Nov 04, 1999 at 07:01:00PM +0100, Henning Makholm wrote:
> Nevertheless the inclusion of header files *is* the key point of an
> often-heard argument that the dynamic linkage is a violation.

Which probably reflects a lack of understanding of copyright law as much
as anything else.

For the case of U.S. copyright law dynamic linking not explicitly provided
for in the license is a fair use issue, not a "this isn't covered by
copyright law" issue.

At least... that's the way I currently understand it.  [And, if anyone
can provide some legal reference which proves that I'm wrong, I'd be
happy to see it.]

--
Raul