Re: Dangerous precedent being set - possible serious violation of the GPL

> Then let's try an experiment-- let's make a nice Corel Linux mirror site,
> and publicize it well (read: on Slashdot), and see if they object. Anyone
> with me?

As long as you respect all included licenses, and don't attempt to use our
trademarks, there's no reason for Corel to object. Redistributing the download
version of Corel Linux is no different than any other distribution and
restriction on the use of Corel trademarks would be similar to what you'd
encounter with any other company including Red Hat.

Erich Forler
Product Development Manager
Corel Linux

> On Sun, 28 Nov 1999, William T Wilson wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 28 Nov 1999, Caspian wrote:
> >
> > > However, I am under the -distinct- impression that Corel would consider
> > > anyone obtaining their distribution without agreeing to their EULA
> > > 'illegal'/'immoral', or in other words "against their rules".
> >
> > So sad.  Corel has no choice in the matter.  They are stuck with it
> > because of the GPL, which does not give them the ability to object.
> >

> --
>  = Jon "Caspian" Blank,  right-brained computer programmer at large =
> .--------------------------------------------------------------------.
> |  Freelance coder and Unix geek / Founder, The Web Union (twu.net)  |
> |          Information wants to be free! Visit www.gnu.org.          |
> | WANTED: Writers who share the GNU philosophy. www.forsmarties.net. |
> | E-mail: caspian@twu.net                Web: http://caspian.twu.net |
> |     Send a short message to my cell phone: caspiancell@twu.net     |
>
> --

The free Corel® LINUX® OS Download is NOW available!
Check it out at http://linux.corel.com

--
The address in the headers is not the poster's real email address.  Do not send
private mail to the poster using your mailer's "reply" feature.  CC's of mail