Re: pychopper has switched to a non-free license in new upstream version

On 06/17/2023 11:21 AM IST Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
> > > '''
> > > 1.10. "Research Purposes" means use for internal research and not intended
> > > for or directed towards commercial advantages or monetary compensation;
> > > provided, however, that monetary compensation does not include sponsored
> > > research of research funded by grants.
> > > '''
>
> What about opening an upstream to the consequence that this change of
> the license will remove the package from Debian.

That's a sensible thing to do, but I will not do it. I see my time spent well on packaging instead
of engaging with upstream in matters that are /not/ technical, and I have no interest to pursue the
same in this case either.
If you or anybody else would like to ask upstream about reconsidering their license, that's be great.

I only wanted to draw the attention to not go ahead with a pychopper update (to 2.7.4) at the moment.

> [1] https://wiki.debian.org/DebianMed/SoftwareLiberation

Best,
Nilesh