Re: pychopper has switched to a non-free license in new upstream version

Hi all,

Le 17/06/2023 à 19:37, Nilesh Patra a écrit :
On 06/17/2023 11:21 AM IST Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
'''
1.10. "Research Purposes" means use for internal research and not intended
for or directed towards commercial advantages or monetary compensation;
provided, however, that monetary compensation does not include sponsored
research of research funded by grants.
'''

What about opening an upstream to the consequence that this change of
the license will remove the package from Debian.

That's a sensible thing to do, but I will not do it. I see my time spent well on packaging instead
of engaging with upstream in matters that are /not/ technical, and I have no interest to pursue the
same in this case either.
If you or anybody else would like to ask upstream about reconsidering their license, that's be great.

I only wanted to draw the attention to not go ahead with a pychopper update (to 2.7.4) at the moment.

[1] https://wiki.debian.org/DebianMed/SoftwareLiberation

I opened an issue [2] and marked it in [1]. Let's see...

[2] https://github.com/epi2me-labs/pychopper/issues/27

Best,
Nilesh

Best,