Re: New package: ITP or RFP ?

Hi,

> Is it ok for source code to be in Github?

No. In my opinion (and I am aware that sadly, the majority of the project probably does not share this opinion), that is a direct violation of Debian's Code of Conduct, and its Social Contract as well.

GitHub has discriminatory terms of use that contradict Debian's values. They exclude parts of our community as contributors, e.g. persons under 16 years and persons who are unlucky enough to live in Russia, Syria, and other US-embargoed countries.

Please do not use GitHub or comparably hostile platforms for Debian.

Thanks,
Nik