Re: XFree86 problems on an Indy

On Mon, Jun 18, 2001 at 10:50:34PM +0200, Florian Lohoff wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 18, 2001 at 08:58:48PM +0200, Manuel Estrada Sainz wrote:
> >  	o With the prebuilt kernel (from ftp.rfc822.org) over time (a day or
> > 	  so) and heavy load (a kernel build) I get masive filesystem
> > 	  corruption, so I am going diskless for now (it seams that the new
> > 	  kernel from cvs also has problems with this).
> > 	  In case this helps, this happend on the second scsi disk of a single
> > 	  controler, kernel output:
>
> This is a known bug in the kernel scsi driver happening with multiple disks
> on the same controller. There is normally not much filesystem corruption
> going on although it looks like ( It seems read is broken not write )

 I think this got mixed with the ext2fs problem, so I will try with earlier
 kernel and see what happens.

> > 	o I am getting strange console behavior with my home built kernel from
> > 	  latest sgi cvs (mostly sure this is my fault).
> >
> > 	    I don't get any output from the boot scripts, the last message I
> > 	    see on the little blue square is: Freeing unused kernel memory:...
> > 	    And the next thing I see is a login prompt and the top left
> > 	    corner. Is console output going somewhere else? Should I change
> > 	    /dev/console?
>
> Probably your console setting is wrong - /dev/console should be char
> device major 5 minor 1 and definitly not a symlink.

 Nop, my console device is right, giving the kernel console=tty0 fixes the
 problem. I guess that the default console has changed lately.

 I will be trying with tags linux_2_4_3 and linux_2_4_4 is there any known
 problem with this versions?

 Is there some central location to find out known bugs?
 Maybe I could maintain some "known bugs"/"Mini FAQ" of some kind.

--
--- Manuel Estrada Sainz <ranty@debian.org>
			 <ranty@atdot.org>