Re: Suggestion: Time limit for NM process

On Sun, 2 Apr 2006 18:08:00 +0200, Thomas Hood <jdthood@yahoo.co.uk> said:

> I had a suspicion that the systematic problems with NM would turn out
> to be the applicants' fault.  They aren't communicating!  So the
> required structural change is better to educate applicants at the
> outset that they should be prodding their AMs and/or the FD.

I don't think that anyone has said that the delays in NM are the
applicants' fault.  But the applicant should know that the people in
Debian do not always have enough time to do the things that they need to
and/or they may forget, or things may slip.  Debian has some procedures
for dealing with some of the slippage, and for prodding the necessary
people (e.g. by doing NMUs).

So it may be helpful to better document how to deal with problems in the
NM process -- something more than "Front Desk: ... They are the point of
contact if problems with the Application arise." in the Glossary on the
NM Corner page.

--
Hubert Chan - email & Jabber: hubert@uhoreg.ca - http://www.uhoreg.ca/
PGP/GnuPG key: 1024D/124B61FA   (Key available at wwwkeys.pgp.net)