Re: /usr/X11R6

On Sun, Aug 30, 1998 at 12:02:19AM -0400, Alex Yukhimets wrote:
> > Sounds like a cool idea to me.  Let's do it!
>
> Sorry, but NO!
>
> Let's do this experiments with Hurd, ok?
> There are some traditions of UNIX that I would hate to see broken.

Debian does not seem to like to stick with traditions without good
rationale. Nobody has given a good rationale yet for keeping /usr/X11R6.
I see Debian's philosophy as a good thing -- this way, Debian
and UNIX in general actually evolves, rather than just packaging
more and more software [which is useful too, and is all I am doing
with my packages].

hamish