Re: /usr/X11R6 process

Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@datasync.com> writes:

>  Jim>     Does anybody have any pointers to the current
>  Jim>     proposed constitution/policy setup?
>
> 	Look at http://master.debian.org/%7Esrivasta/policy/

Thank you.

Because I don't have enough time to read the volumes of email on the
Debian lists, I didn't know the present state of the policy process.
I didn't even know there was a vote going on ... was it announced
anywhere?

Please don't hold it against me that I'm not as aware of the state of
internal Debian politics as you are.  I don't have time for it.

>  Jim> Do people agree with this proposed process?  If it's OK, I'll
>  Jim> make a first draft of the document, which we can debate.
>
> 	I object to this process. It does not take into account
>  current practice, and in my opinion concentrates far more power into
>  the peson who edits the proposal document, and then a so called
>  czar.

Since there appears to be something of a policy development framework
in place, I'm dropping out of this debate.

I was trying to act as a facilitator so the debate would converge, and
not die off like previously.  I do want this policy issue to be
resolved so I can close the bug against the Gnome packages.  If the
new policy process works, then it doesn't really need me acting as a
self-appointed facilitator.

Somebody needs to propose an amendment to policy to cover this issue.
I'm not going to do that, because I don't have a preference as to what
the /usr/X11R6 policy should look like.  When the policy is decided,
I'll fix my packages and close the bug report.

Cheers,

 - Jim