Re: [PROPOSED] Change package relations policy to remove references to non-free from main

>>"Raul" == Raul Miller <moth@debian.org> writes:

 Raul> What about that perl one liner?  Or just plain old dpkg -s?  Or vi
 Raul> /var/lib/dpkg/status?  Or, apt-cache dumpavail?  Or future simple programs
 Raul> of various sorts?

        dpkg and apt-cache could be modified to respect any reference
 to missing/undesirable heirarchies with a little work.

        And the idea is to non impose non-free software on people who
 do not want it, not project the fantasy that it does not exist.

 Raul> Perhaps the suggestion is that we put something into policy to restrict
 Raul> the handling of these cases?

        So we are into censorship now? No one mentions any non-free
 software in any package structure? I strongly object to this. Surely
 fee software is strong enough to stand on its own withourt having to
 resort to tactics like this?

        If you think it is not strong enough to do so, maybe you
 should examine your beliefs in the value of fee software.

        manoj
--
 Lack of capability is usually disguised by lack of interest.