Re: [PROPOSED] Change package relations policy to remove references to non-free from main

Hi,
>>"Raul" == Raul Miller <moth@debian.org> writes:

 Raul> And the point is: we are supposed to support non-free packages, we're
 Raul> not supposed to make them a part of debian.

        A suggests is not making it part of Debian, espescially if the
 user interface tools are modified not to show it.

        Logis suggests that referring to something does not make that
 something else part of one. It it were so, all web pages with
 hyperlinks wouyld have copyright issues.

        And I would love to get royalties by refering to something
 stienbeck wrote in an article I write, and hence make it part
 of my article (see how ridiculous it sounds?)

 Raul> Non-free packages aren't debian packages -- even if we've graciously
 Raul> decided to distribute them from our ftp sites.

 Raul> I think a lot of people have lost sight of this.

        I cveretainly haven't. But I also think that Debian packages
 have a rigfht to refer to the big wide world out there that is not
 Debian. Heck, my packages refer to me, and I am *not* debian/main.

        I do have a point here, all facetiousness aside.

        manoj
--
 Awright, which one of you hid my PENIS ENVY?