Interfaces (was: Getting rid of section "base" ?)

Goswin Brederlow <goswin.brederlow@student.uni-tuebingen.de> wrote:
> As I see it there are several sortings mixed:
>
> priority: thats why theres base
>
> interface: X11

Yes, I like this one. I would love to see packages with a list of
included interfaces. How about a quick brain storm on a list of
possible interfaces:

text
text/ncurses
text/slang
x11
x11/athena
x11/motif
x11/tk
x11/qt
x11/gtk
x11/kde
x11/gnome
svgalib
net/web
emacs

Does this look good and acurate?

How about an example interfaces line for debconf with gtk enabled:

Interfaces: text, text/ncurses, net/web, gtk

What about daemons, libraries and header files, packages that contain things
without user interfaces defined in the same sense. Do they have an interfaces
of daemon, library and header?

It could be an option in apt or dselect to only display x11 packages of
x11/gnome and x11/gtk or alternatively x11/kde x11/qt if you were trying run
a consistant desktop enviroment.

--
while :;do read x;echo \?;done