Re: Getting rid of section "base" ?

Goswin Brederlow writes:
 > Isn´t base everything thats on the base.tgz file?
 > I allways thought so.

I guess it was at some time, but not any more.

 > While your at killing the base section, kill the other sections
 > also. Its all a bloody mess. Graphics stuff is in libs, x11 stuff in
 > games, some dev packages are in dev, some in lib some somewhere else.

I agree there is room for improvement here.  But let's procede one
thing after the other, or we may simply not complete even the 1st one
;)

 > As I see it there are several sortings mixed:
 >
 > priority: thats why theres base

Well, it seems 'base' even should not be there :)

 > interface: X11

Ah, glad you tell this.  I already suggested this some time ago but
did not get much support then.  More on this in another thread - let's
separate issues.

 > contents: devel, libs, graphics, net, web...
 >
 > useage: games, devel, graphics, lib, ...
 >
 > what they do: otherosfs, mail, net, web,...

I like the idea, but I'm not sure I understand how you separate those.
Again, more on this in another thread - let's separate issues.

--
Yann Dirson    <ydirson@altern.org> |    Why make M$-Bill richer & richer ?
debian-email:   <dirson@debian.org> |   Support Debian GNU/Linux:
http://www.altern.org/ydirson/      | Check <http://www.debian.org/>