Re: latte-dock_0.7.4-1_amd64.changes REJECTED

Hi Thorsten!

El viernes, 4 de enero de 2019 08:44:04 -03 Thorsten Alteholz escribió:
> Hi Lisandro,
>
> On Fri, 4 Jan 2019, Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer wrote:
> >> po/ca/* and others are LGPL 2.1 or 3, without generic or later clause,
> >> so "LGPL-2.1+ or LGPL-3+" is incorrect.
> >
> > Fair, but does it *really* deserves a reject? The license is still dfsg
> > compliant and there is only one tiny little fix which can be fixed on the
> > next upload. An accept + RC bug could also work here.
>
> what would be the difference on your side? You still have to do a second
> upload. If you even tell us about that upload, odds for a short time in
> NEW are high.

Well, that's exactly what did not happen with this upload. Fair, it was a
second upload and it still contained a bug (my bad), but I've uploaded it and
replied to the REJECT mail. It took yet one more month to get to this reject.

> In case of a bug we have to check whether you took care of the bug or just
> lowered the severity. Unfortunately this has happened in the past, so to
> reduce our workload, yes, this deserves a reject.

That's a fair point. I do wonder if a technical solution could be found for
this, at very least to reduce time in NEW queue (latte-dock already has almost
8 months in the queue in it's history).

Thanks for the reply!

--
En los momentos de crisis, la imaginación es mas importante que el
conocimiento.

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
http://perezmeyer.com.ar/
http://perezmeyer.blogspot.com/